Question
Posted by: Jck | 2008/06/19

Please help

Had the mirena removed on 21 Jan 08. Had a D&C on 5 Feb because bleeding wont stop. They could find nothing wrong. Also had the scope. I had my periods on 12 feb to 16 feb, 28 feb to 2 march, 11 March to 15 march, 22 march,9 apr to 16 Apr, 21 Apr to 24 apr. In April I saw my gynae which put me on Estrofem , glonal f and fertomed. Had my glonal f shots on 25,27and 29 April, Fertomed I drank from 25 to 29 Apr. Estofem I had from 25 Apr to 22 May. I saw my period again on 14 May to 19 May. Had fertomed from 17 May to 21 May. I started spotting on the 11 jun till 14 Jun, Full period from 15 Jun till today.
Before the mirena which I only had for 3 months I fell pregnant very easally. I have two sons and I also had two misscarraiges.
What can I do to conceive again.
I also just want to add. I started with PMS simtoms in April 2007. My gynae took me of the pill because according to her, my ovaries shrincked because of the pill and cause a shortage of estogene. That was the cause of the PMS simtoms. She gave me estropause to drink. That cause me to to start bleeding non stop. She then gave me the injection for 3 months to stop the bleeding untill my medical aid approves the mirena. The mirena was inserted in October 2007. But the bleeding started again non stop. Then the mirena was removed in Jan08. Because of all these problems we desided to ttc again and after the birth I will have an sterilasation and Oblasion done.
Is there any thing I can do to improve the chance to conceive again.?
You help will be higly appreciated.

Dear Jck
If you had no problems falling pregnant with your other two babies, then I would assume that you wouldn’t have problems falling pregnant again. I am a little bit concerned as to why you are on Gonal-f and Fertomid so early after having removed the mirena. My suggestion is that you do not take anything and try on your own to conceive and only after a year of trying on your own you still do not succeed in falling pregnant, only then further treatment should be initiated.

3
Posted by: GIRLY | 2008/09/18

MY HUSBAND AND I ARE MARRIED 3 YEARS WE ARE TRYING TO CONCIEVE FOR NEARLY A YEAR NOW.
IS THERE ANYTHING THAT WE CAN USE TO HELP US CONCIEVE. I AM DRINKING FOLIC ACID AND ZINK TABLETS FOR THE PAST TWO MONTHS.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Reply to GIRLY
Posted by: Simphiwe | 2008/06/23

I would like to remain anonymous.

My wife and I have been married for two years and before then we had been going our for five years.

She has had eptopic twice and doesn't have tubes anymore.

We have done the IVF twice but we haven't been successful. All the tests that we did, the results showed chances of conceiving.

I'm now 33 and she is 30 and I am concerned that we might not have children. That has a negative impact on us.

Please submit a reply direct to me and not publish on the website.

Please advise.

Reply to Simphiwe
Posted by: Simphiwe | 2008/06/23

I would like to remain anonymous.

Please advise.

Reply to Simphiwe