Question
Posted by: Suspended | 2009/01/13

Please comment on Suspended before heari

Posted by: Suspended
Message:
Is it legally acceptable to suspend an employee before the disciplinary hearing? I was suspended on account of a private email that my supervisor read while I was on sick leave. The email was in the out box and therefore there was no need to read it anyway. My replacement had been organised before I was even informed about the "  offense"  . I was suspended for a week before the hearing. I resigned immediatley as this is in my opinion extremely unfair labour practice.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: SUSPENDED BEFORE HEARING

It is legally acceptable to suspend an employee before a disciplinary hearing. The fact that they might have arranged a replacement, that's unfair. You should not have resigned.