Question
Posted by: Tertia | 2009-05-12

Please can you explain this behavior....?

I' m maried to a wonderfull caring husband for 18 yr...We have 2 little children. He has been under a lot of workstress lately. On mothersday, he remembered that it was mother' s day...but only thinking that it regards his own mom and mine...It slipped his mind that I am also a mom, working very hard at the job of being a mom for the last 5 yr! He felt very bad and tried to make up for this, but it still hurts. We talked about it and he can' t explain his behaviour...I have thought about this over and over but really can' t get any explenation for this behaviour? How can he forget that mother' s day is also related to me being a mother?

Some people seem to interpret "Mother's Day" in terms of THEIR mother, rather than people like their wife who ARE the mother of others. I doubt there's a sinister explanation for his lapse here. Mothers Day is essentially an artificial and commercial creation, and the publicity often emphasizes "Remember YOUR mother", rather than let's celebrate all mothers. Let's not forget that in some single-parent families, and with regard to some of us as caregivers of very old parents, even men can become mothers ! And we're always forgotten in that role, so I know how you feel

1

Dont worry,all men are forgetfull,lots of my friend dont even get something for mothersday!My husband forgets out anniversary sometimes.He once forgot my birthdays,and the next day he tried to make up for it by taken me out to dinner,well i was mad as hell and did not even speak to him during dinner.Well ,needless to say he told me it was his worst day ever in his life.And anyway he did not forget it since that time!Men are just fussy headed sometimes