Posted by: JessicaB | 2009-04-20

I have found myself working at a company which I love, I love my job and the benefits etc.
Our company has two separate branches, one situated in Pretoria and one in Primrose. There is one Director for each branch. The Director working at the Pretoria branch is technically my employer but we offer a lot of assistance for the other Director and the two Directors are friends.
The Director at the Primrose branch clearly does not like me and tries to create problems for me where she can, also making it my mistake. If something happens I am to blame. On various occasions this has happened and then I try to defend myself with proof (written and circumstantial) that the mistakes were not my fault as I really take my job very seriously and do not want anyone to think that I messed up if I did not.
Upon wanting to give proof that this was not my fault I am told that I have an attitude and that I must stop trying to be better than the rest. I have also tried talking to my employer (Pta Director) about this but seeing as though they are friends and in business together, it really does not help. I do not get any written warnings nor do I really “ technically”  get into trouble so for the past two months I have tried to not think about it that much and I only kept the emails and stuff as proof, but I have not said anything or did anything.
I was hoping that I can keep doing this, not taking it to heart but I really cannot, it really breaks you down to a level where you feel worthless and no good, where it seems as though you cannot do anything right and just want to resign. I would immediately give in my resignation letter if I did not love my job so much and like previously mentioned working under the Pta Director has never presented to be a problem not has she has any troubles with my “ work”  in the past or at present.
I really do not know what to do as I want this constant discrimination and blaming to stop but I don’ t want to look for other employment as I am happy with my current job and the job is not the problem. I cannot talk to my Director because it doesn’ t help, it just creates more problems.
If anyone can assist me with any advice I would be very greatfull.

Is this a matter of your getting seriously into trouble with a real risk to your job, or of getting your feelings hurt because this rivalrous other woman director is unkind and critical of you ? If the latter, maybe you can aford to ignore it, after making sure that your boss understands that this is difficult for you and unfair to you, though you may express understandign that he does not want, if possible, to clash with his friend and partner about this. Emphasize to him how much you enjoy your job and working with him.