Question
Posted by: M | 2008/09/30

Please assist

Good Morning,

I would like to have some advice please.

I am 19 years old.I am bulimic for the past 4 years. For the last month I haven' t once purged. I am also on Yasmin for 2 years now and I always made sure it stayed in. What I want to know is... What is the possibility of me getting pregnant? Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex last months but he withdrew in time. The next day my period started and I has a heavy period. This month... My period was a bit late. We had unprotected sex the Wednesday and my period started the Saturday. I had heavy PMS and normal period pains but the period was very light! It started with a brownish colour and later became pinkish. It felt like I would need allot of tampons but then there was never that much on the tampon when I removed it. There was one day when it was full but the other days it was very light. It lasted for about 5 days. I also cancelled my studies till the end of the year because of work I couldn' t cope with everything. I was wondering if this change in my period might be because my body is adjusting? I haven' t purged for a whole month. I am on the pill and I don' t feel pregnant but my boyfriend is concerned. Do I have to be worried as well?

Your opinion would be appreciated.

Thank You!

Dear M
If you are on the pill and you did not interfere with the absorbtion of the pill your chances of falling pregnant is very low. Taking a home pregnancy test - it will put both your minds at ease.
It is wonderful that you managed to control your bulimia for the past month! If you ever feel that it is getting the better of you, there are medications one can take to help you cope, the best person to see for a prescription would be a psychiatrist. It may also be worth the time and cost to ask a psychologist to teach you some stress management techniques so that you can manage the feeling of not being able to cope.