Question
Posted by: NaJ | 2008/09/25

Please Answer

What is the legal age for a casual job (weekends and possibly school holidays)? I' m turning 15 and really need the money.

Expert ImageTeen expert

most employers will only take you on at 16 years old, once you have your ID document as this is the legal age for employing people.

4
Posted by: BabyG | 2008/10/04

LOL isnt it 16?? Well if its 15 same thing, you cant really do proper jobs you know. maybe like waitressing and stuff like that, working at the video store etc but u get extra money thats all that matters right,

Reply to BabyG
Posted by: Kman | 2008/09/26

Hi Naj,

Ok, just go to w w w . childlawsa . com / ask

Best of Luck :-)

Reply to Kman
Posted by: NaJ | 2008/09/26

Okay, 15, according to Kman.

But could you please state the act in which this information was found, I can' t go to an employer simply on ' a friend of a friend said' 

NaJ

Reply to NaJ
Posted by: Kman | 2008/09/26

Hi NaJ,

The legal age for a minor to have a casual job in South Africa is 15, however there are restrictions as to what work you may do. A potential employer should know these restrictions. Children aged 15 to 18 may not be employed to do work inappropriate for their age or work that places them at risk.

Best of Luck :-)

Reply to Kman