Question
Posted by: Me. | 2009/11/05

please advise - tests

here are my symptoms

* Bloated / have wind inside
*always or 95% tired / fatigue
*chilly / easily feel cold, 90% cold
*headache
*dificult concentration
*consipated
* low sex drive

i am on reductil, i eat fruits and veges, meat as lean as possible but still my weight is ' stuck'  i am not gaining more but am not losing. i dont have money so i am just wondering could the above contribute to my problem somehow?

i have done a thyriod test and i was not it was normal, i was at some stage with sure slim and their tests all came back normal and should have actually been easy for me to loose weight, but i didnt loose.

what tests can i do without having to go for consulation with a docter?

Dear Me
The symptoms you describe can have different causes, for example the bloating and constipation could indicate digestive problems such as irritable bowel disease (IBS), ulcers, allergies, etc; the tiredness, chills, headaches and problems with concentration could be due to low thyroid function or iron or vit B12 anaemia. Some of the symptoms could also be side-effects of the medication you are taking. A low thyroid function could contribute to inability to lose weight. I can only suggest that you try and arrange a consultation at one of the government hospitals where the fees are minimal because it is impossible to decide which condition is affecting you at the moment.
So find out if you can be seen at the outpatients of a government hospital, because I am concerned that you may need treatment like iron or vit B12 supplementation, or IBS medication.

1

Dear Me