Question
Posted by: Michael | 2010/08/03

Please advise on excercise!!

I''ve been sitting with back pain for the last 2 weeks, and went to a Fisio yesterday, to take a look at my back, and I was told to change the way I sit and stand, and that I have to strenghten my core. About 4 months before, I started going to the gym, and I''m trying to build muscle, and to get my weight up, and also loose fat, it has been going well, but now my back is giving me massive discomford, and the whole gym experinse is a mission. Please can you advise me on Core excercises, that will help with strenghtening, but does''t put to much stress on my back.

Michael

Hi Michael

I'm curious as to why the physio who actually assessed you didn't advise you on this? If he said to strengthen the core, then he is obliged to tell you how, surely? I would be guessing, because some exercises will make it worse, others better, and I don't know the situation. So as much as I hate to do this, I can't guess what which exercises you need, you'll need to get the exercises from the same person who has assessed you and then use those. It can be risky to attempt exercises for the back, unfortunately.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/08/06

Hi Michael

Reply to fitnessdoc