Question
Posted by: Linda | 2011/09/29

Please advise if i am eating too much

Dear Diet Doc

Please look at the menu below and advise if it is too much everything I eat is in small portions
I became dizzy and irritable if I do not eat constantly however I feel I am losing weight at a slow
Phase I walk for 20munites on the treadmill four days in a week and Saturdays I do outdoor
My weight is 96 kg and bmi 1.67 .
Breakfast
Allbran/ff free milk/half banana

Snack:Greensalad without dressing
Three provita with tea

Orange
Lunch:beetroot/bakedbeans/brownrice without gravy/giblets/spinach

Apple/fat free yoghurt

Supper: Broccoli/Cauliflower/handful fatfree noodles/spoon of fatfree cottage cheese

Dear Linda
The diet you describe should certainly assist with weightloss and you are certainly not eating too much. I am just concerned that this diet may not be balanced and that in the long run you could develop deficiencies esp of calcium. Increase your calcium and protein intake by having at least 2 more servings of fat-free milk or yoghurt or cottage cheese a day. 1 cup is regarded as a serving of milk or yoghurt and 1/2 cup for cottage cheese. You may suffer from low blood sugar which makes your dizzy and irritable when you don't eat regularly. Please check out the section on the Glycaemic Index (GI) on this Website, because individuals with low blood sugar require a low-fat, low-GI diet. Click on 'Diet’nFood' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. You can contact The Glycemic Index Foundation of SA at: www.gifoundation.com to obtain more information, including books that explain the principles of the diet. Do not get impatient, the main thing is that you are losing weight. Keep up the good work with the exercise.

1

Dear Linda