Question
Posted by: Anon | 2012-05-24

Please Advise

Dear Cyber Shrink

I believe my question would be irrelevant to your profession, hope you can advise because you seem to be the only expert that respond to our questions.

My Fiancé  and I are in a very healthy and happy relationship, we''ve been together for 5 years. I do not suspect him of cheating and I never have either, but he has developed sum lumps or bumps on his penis, we''re not sure if its an STD but would like to sort it out. (I wonder if I was on my menstrual period (without knowing I would came on) while having sex could cause this to happen?

Please advise where we could go. A normal GP? or a Dermatologist? He has been feeling low on energy and would like to make sure his fine. Thank you.

Like so many things in medicine, there are surprisingly many things that can cause lumps or bumps on the penis,, from the entirely innocent through different conditions - only a proper physical examination and history from a doctor, in person, can help to clarify what the likely cause is. If an STD is suspected - or, even if it isnt, but as in this situation it's important to be able to rule it out, some simple tests including blood tests could make this clear.
I don't see any way in which having sex while you were menstruating could cause any such thing.
A good GP could probably be useful as the first stop. If he remained puzzled, he could refer your fiancee to either a dermatologist or an STD clinic.
Hope this helps.

1

Hope this helps.