Question
Posted by: GM | 2012/05/07

Please advise

What could be a course of an expanding / growing stomach if not pregnant? I keep on gaining weight in my stomach area, thought it was alchohol and have traumendosly reduced it but stomack keeps on growing bigger and bigger.

Dear GM
If you are not gaining weight anywhere else in your body and are not otherwise overweight, then I would recommend that you have a medical examination. It is known that people tend to deposit fat in the abdominal area as they age (so-called abdominal obesity), but then these people are usually overweight in general. Other conditions that can cause extension of the abdomen include buildup of gas caused by many different causes such as irritable bowel syndrome, enzyme deficiencies, etc, or oedema (accumulation of water), or tumours. It is, therefore, essential that your dr should examine you to see what is causing your stomach to expand.

1

Dear GM