Question
Posted by: Desperate &  Sad | 2011-01-24

Please advise

I know you are a labour lawyer but I still hope you can advise me in some way.

By boyfriend passed away, he bought a car end 2007, when we contacted the bank to inform them of the situation they said he waved the death policy in the contract and the car is now not covered. There is still R170 outstanding and we have a choice, we can pay the R170 and keep the car, or they will sell it on auction for any price and we still have to pay the outstanding balance, my salary is so little there is no way I will make the payments and I have no other money, is there anything else I can do, I don’ t want to lose the car, it meant so much to him.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

There is nothing else you can do, it is suggested that you contact them and try and make arrangements to pay it off or to at least be able to sell the car yourself for the correct amount of money.

11
Posted by: glyclesse | 2011-03-16

Reply to glyclesse
Posted by: wdmLadyMusicg | 2011-03-14

Reply to wdmLadyMusicg
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011-01-28

Reply to Labour Lawyer
Posted by: Desperate &  Sad | 2011-01-25

He was self employed, and the house we live in is property that is family owned

Reply to Desperate &amp  Sad
Posted by: ? | 2011-01-25

He must have had a good job to afford the car
You lived together in a house you both owned.
He must have had a good job with provident fund and death benefits, who did the company pay this money to??

Reply to ?

What I forgot to mention is I don’ t pay rent, we own the house we live in it’ s on family property, food at the end of the month is minimum and the only debt I have is for 700 a month.

Reply to Desperate &amp  Sad

Sorry JT.CPT, I’ m a serious air head and have been for the last month and a half, I just wanted to copy your name to reply

Reply to Desperate &amp  Sad
Posted by: JT.CPT | 2011-01-25

No one is I think, but they don''t want the car, because he worked so hard to be able to pay for it they feel it brought bad luck on him. The problem is the payment on the car is R7000 or something like that and my salary is only R5000

Reply to JT.CPT
Posted by: JT.CPT | 2011-01-25

Hmmm yes it seems as if you perhaps left out a few zero''s there. Go talk to the bank and see if you can perhaps take over the payment contract and then put the car in your name. If not perhaps you can apply for a loan to the amount the bank requires and use that to take over the car. Are you the heir or does your boyfriends family have rights to the car?

Reply to JT.CPT
Posted by: Anon | 2011-01-24

Is that amount correct R170.00. I do not even have R170.00 but i will make a plan to get it. Is this amout for real.

Posted by: CAT | 2011-01-24

R170 is really very little can you not ask 17 people who attended his funeral to lend R10 each.

Reply to CAT