Question
Posted by: Magrie | 2010-10-07

Please advise

I need some advise please. I am female 1.75 m tall and weigh 74kg. My goal weight is 65Kg.
I have been going to the gym three times a week doing cardio (rowing, treadmill, cycle) 45 min a day. My problem is that I am not getting the results I desire. I am also tired of spending money on gimmicks that obviously does not work. I am really getting desponded now. What I want to know is do you think I should start training with a personal trainer and would twice a week be sufficient or should I rather see a bio?

Magrie

HI Magrie

I think diet is the crucial ingredient in weight loss, and as much as I believe exercise helps, when people are actually in the process of trying to lose weight, it's diet that makes the biggest impact.

So I would keep going with exercise, understand that you're on a long-term plan here. Your exercise plan so far is find - you're doing the right things, you're building up. Over time, you'll need to add days, maybe get up to 5 days a week, and maybe start doing some outdoor walking for an hour, 90 minutes on weekends. But that's all OK.

The biggest difference is going to come from matching your training to your diet, because you can train 3 hours a day an not lose weight until you change the diet in such a way as to consistently consume less than you burn.

So my advice is to see a dietician, and build on exercise while you follow an eating plan.

3
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010-10-18

HI Magrie

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010-10-18

HI Magrie

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: PVS | 2010-10-12

Forstly 2 - 3 times a week is not going to give you great resluts. What you should do is get you diet sorted out and get a good training programme designed accordingly to your goals a good personal trainer would be able to design one for yourself. You should try to train atleats 5 times a week at about 60 min a day. Focus on weight training aswell as women do not have enough test to gain muscle so dont be scared of weights and WEIGHT TRAINING BURNS MORE FAT THJAN CARDIO.

Reply to PVS