Question
Posted by: Candy Lady | 2010/10/05

Please advise

I was on 4 different kinds of antibiotics for a month. First course starting 11 Aug. Last pill taken 6 September. The last was stronger than the ones before. Then 3 weeks ago (15 September) I was due to get my period and nothing happened. Waited a week before I did a pregnancy test. Test was negative. Had a scan done a week after the pregnancy test and my gynae found cysts on my ovaries as well as a lining in my womb. She advised to stop the pill (Mirelle) in order for me to shed the lining and that was a week ago. So now my question is this: How long after you stop the pill do you start bleeding? My gynae said about 3 days but I’ m at day 6 already. I have a history of cysts on my ovaries but it never stopped my menstrual cycle. only delay it by a few days.

You should start a period within a week of stopping the Pill. It sounds like you may have PCOS and this may be causing the abnormal cycle. The antibiotics may have further disrupted things.

1