Question
Posted by: CE | 2009/01/29

Please advise...

Hi Doc,
I hope you can give me some insight to the following:
Stopped my pill in July 08, fell pregnant the same month, but unfortunately it ended in having a complete miscarriage at 7 weeks. Didn' t have a D& C done, but develop uterus infection 2 weeks after the m/c, which was cleared with antibiotics. Since then, i' ve been charting my menstrual cycles and ovualtion dates, but haven' t had any luck falling pregnant again. My cycles are on average 25 days and the bleeding lasts 4 days (medium flow). I get all the ovualtion symptoms, except the cervical mucus (in fact none at all during my whole month). Could this mean that i' m actually not even ovulating?
I have an appointment with my gynae next week (the day i' m suppose to be ovulating) and want her to do the necessary steps to check if i' m ovulating and/or if there' s any other reason why i haven' t conceived since the m/c. What routine test can i expect?

Thank you in advance,
CE

Dear CE

The visit to your gynaecologist is certainly highly recommended as he/she would be able to ascertain if there are any follicles suggesting that ovulation may indeed be occurring or not. Although this by itself is not a definite sign of fertility it would certainly together with a hormone profile be valuable. More importantly however is the possibility of tubal obstruction following the infection, as this is an extremely common problem post miscarriage. This will require investigation by means of either an X-ray called a HSG or alternately a laparoscopy done under anaesthesia. The added advantage of these procedures is the likelihood of clearing up any debris in partially obstructed fallopian tubes, which will certainly enhance your fertility chances.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: star | 2009/02/03

PLS EXPLAIN ABOUT CLOMID:I HAVE PCOS BEEN TRYING TO CONCIEVE THE GYNE PRESCRIBED IT == FINISHED 1CYCLE .. WILL GO FLOOD SCREENING ..

Reply to star