Question
Posted by: Anon4this1 | 2008/10/27

Please advise

Please advise, i'  m almost 5 months preggies and lately it seems DH doesn'  t want to spend time with me :(
Makes me think the stupidist things, like am i getting too fat??? Or is he not attracted to me anymore.
We both work, monday to friday and his exhausted everynight.
So he just lies on the couch and rests. Then if his friends call him over he just goes, leaving me alone.
Then there'  s the bedroom. Our s*x life was always fine, but now it seems to be non existant, 1 a week if even is fine for him.
And when we eventually do do it, then it'  s over so quickly and i had NO satisfaction.
And when i tell him i'  m in the mood then his too tired.
His ecstatic about the pregnancy i know for sure, but i just feel so un-loved. Is it the hormones or what???
HELP, i'  m slowly getting frustrated.

Whilst it may be that the hormones are having an impact on you, it sounds as though he's also struggling a bit - especially if this is not how he was before. Some men are impacted on negatively by pregnancy - they may be fearful of what is to come; jealous of the changes in you and you being preoccupied by the baby inside, or just not turned on by changes that have happened to you since you became pregnant...

Bear in mind also that what happens during pregnancy may be impacted on by what comes before pregnancy - so if there was a lot of pressure to fall pregnant, or if he was not keen on the idea and you were, or there was conflict between you, or financial stressors...all of these factors can play a part.

You really need to find out what's going on for him and try to identify relevant factors together.