Question
Posted by: Thandi | 2008/09/16

Please advise

Hi Everybody,

I would like to know, how do I go about getting a womb scrub, is it like having a pap-smear? Can I go into a clinic and request one or do I need to first see a gynea, then He can request/ refer?
I think I am ready to try again, however want to make sure and get myself all clean in there. I had a 33wk stillbirth in 2005. I have been afraid, that the same might happen, but now!! I feel much stronger.

Where can I get this done as I am in the Cape Town region.

Dear Thandi

It is important to note that a D&C (womb scrub) should be undertaken by a qualified gynaecologist and in your case, you may want to combine this with a laparoscope and tubal evaluation as well. Both procedures require general anesthesia if one wants to be thorough.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim