Question
Posted by: GM | 2012/05/03

Please advice

I seriously need help, ever since i gave birth to my baby 3 yrs ago I have been struggling to get to my origina weight instead I keep on gaining despite all the efforts. I need a good dietitian or weight loss clinik I can go to, can u recommend? preferably Pretoria. My stomach just keeps on getting bigger and bigger I look like i am 6 months preggies and I am not!

Dear GM
I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with weight gain after the birth of your baby 3 years ago. I would recommend that you consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in the Pretoria area). The dietitian will assess your weight and food intake and work out an individual diet prescription for you. If the dietitian is of the opinion that you need tests for thyroid and insulin hormone levels, she/he will help you make arrangements for such tests. It may well be that you suffer from insulin resistance and need a low-fat, low-GI (glycaemic index) diet to start losing weight. Also keep in mind that daily physical activity such as brisk walking, cycling or attending Walk for Life or a gym, will assist weightloss and promote adherence to any diet you may use.

1

Dear GM