Posted by: Cosmos | 2008-12-17

Plastic Surgery Query

Please could you answer 2 questions if possible (or if anyone out there can help). On average (I know its impossible to say) but what does a breast lift cost, just say under R.... on average. I live in Cpt and I am considering it - kids have left me very unhappy with my otherwise in shape body that I work hard at. It is bothering me majorly in terms of clothing and I' ve become super shy even of my husband. I just want some idea of how one could cut costs, I live in Cpt. I don' t mean in terms of the surgeon or procedure, I mean, has anyone had it at a less than 5 star hospital so to speak? This is before I contact the surgeon that has been recommended to me.

Also, what does a person have to weigh on average to be morbidly obese? My friend is considering this and I am terrified for her. She could lose about 30kg (after having had kids) but she was in really good shape before. She is blessed with very good skin so if she loses she won' t have stretch marks or loose skin as such. She just eats too much! I am sure that there is a certain amount you have to be over in kilos to qualify?

Please try to answer both these questions.

Thank you so much

Dear Cosmos
A breast lift will cost between R21000 and R26000 without an implant, and R26000 to R28000 with an implant - this will however depend very much on the surgeon and hospital you use.
Morbid obesity is when your BMI is > 40
Look at this article about gastric bypass surgery - gives you an good idea of the risk