Question
Posted by: Daphne | 2012/07/19

Plastic Surgery

I have lost a lot of weight (around 40kg now) and as a result of the fat and two pregnancies I am now stuck with a lot of excess skin - specially around my belly. Do you know of a good but ''relative'' inexpensive plastic surgeon that can help me with this. Frankly, I would rather be fat than have these skins hanging. I look awful!

Dear Daphne
Congratulations on losing those 40 kg - you are a bright shining ****Star****!! No you don't want all that weight back again, but loose skin is indeed a problem after weightloss as massive as yours - you have practically lost a whole other person! At a conference on obesity awhile ago, plastic surgeons reported very good results with improving the appearance of post-obesity patients. I can, for ethical reasons, not refer you directly to any doctor or dietitian, but you can certainly check in the Yellow Pages under 'Medical Specialists' in your town or city and then phone the various plastic surgeons to check on their fees for this type of procedure.
Once again 'Well Done'!

2
Posted by: ria | 2012/07/30

I lost 70kilos and desperately needs to surgery for all the loose skins>  I have not got the the finance for private hospitals , is there a state hospital that can help/

Reply to ria

Dear Daphne
Once again 'Well Done'!