Question
Posted by: Jeff Billio | 2012/08/01

Planter Faciites

Is there anything more that can be done other than Ranfen 400mg and stretching exercises to give relief.
Read up on Google and trying self treatment for about 2 months

Expert ImagePodiatrist

Yes there is definately alot more that could be done for plantar fasciitis. The cause of the condition should be identified and removed or attended to. Treatment approach should include long and short term regimes which includes assessment and advise on shoewear, possible customade orthotics, physiotherapy, chiropratic and biokinetic assessment, stretching and exercises. I would highly recommend that you consult with a podiatrist that would be able to assess and treat your condition. You can contact the Podiatry Association of South Africa to locate your nearest podiatrist www.podiatrist.co.za 0861 100 249

2
Posted by: Jack | 2012/08/20

Unfortunately, I STRONGLY disagree with your stetament Doctor Maharam. The shoes that are made for more stability are meant for those without orthotics. Wearing your orthotics with them is adding TOO much support and overcorrecting the biomechanical problem that the orthotics were made to nuetralize (as best as possible of course). Therefore, a nuetral shoe with the orthotics is the best route in my own experience, as well as other runners I talked to who work at shoe stores. Just my input.

Reply to Jack
Posted by: podiatrist | 2012/08/02

Reply to podiatrist