Question
Posted by: joel | 2012/08/07

plantar wart

hi i have a plantar wart which was removed twice in the same spot under my foot by a Podiatrist.i would like to know why does it keep coming back?

and is there no home remedy for it to go away?

can i burn it off myself?

Expert ImagePodiatrist

A plantar wart/ verrucae is a virus and form part of the Human Papilloma virus family. The spread of the lesion will depend largely on an individual's susceptibility to the virus and ability of their immune system to get rid of the virus.
If the lesion has been diagnosed correctly and wasn't mistaken for a corn then the best way to possibly treat it would be to consult with a podiatrist that would reduce all the overlying skin and then prescibe the use of a topical acid to the area under supervision. The use of liquid nitrogen under the foot is not always that successfull due to the thickness of the skin underneath the foot. The treatment for warts can take time but be persistant and see the podiatrist on a regular basis to have the overlying skin removed. If the skin is not removed the medication can not penetrate the area and reach the wart. Oral supplements to boost your immune system should also be taken while treating the wart. Podiatry association of South Africa 0861 100 249 or www.podiatrist.co.za

2
Posted by: Avis | 2012/09/15

Unfortunately, I STRONGLY disagree with your stemetant Doctor Maharam. The shoes that are made for more stability are meant for those without orthotics. Wearing your orthotics with them is adding TOO much support and overcorrecting the biomechanical problem that the orthotics were made to nuetralize (as best as possible of course). Therefore, a nuetral shoe with the orthotics is the best route in my own experience, as well as other runners I talked to who work at shoe stores. Just my input.

Reply to Avis
Posted by: podiatrist | 2012/08/22

Reply to podiatrist