Question
Posted by: Jill | 2009-09-17

Plantar Wart

My Teanager has a plantar wart on hir big toe. She has been to the Doctor. He burnt it off but has not gone. This was about a month ago. She has a few more now. I have called the Doctor and told him and he said she must eat a lot of vitamin C. It is painful and bothers her a lot. Is there anything I can treat it with that I can get at a pharmacy?
Also my 5yr old has warts on the side of her knees. She wants them removed. Can I get some thing at the pharmacy or do I need to take her to the Doctor.

Dear Jill
Warts are caused by viruses. Sometimes one needs to freeze/cauterize them more than once to get rid of them. Try using Vit A oil ( fishoil) on them. If the wart is very painful you could see a dermatologist to remove it.