Posted by: d | 2009-05-13

Plantar Fasciatus

With my increased weight gain since giving birth last year my PF has gotten severe, I can barely walk once I have been seated and then get up, so much so that the back tendon(?) in foot is so sensitive and painful to touch if I am lying down and sometimes when walking.
The strangest thing is when I was pregnant I never experienced it just swollen ankles and I was even heavier.
GP prescribed pixicam(did nothing to me), my sister has the same problem and it just so happened she had a problem with her shoulder and her GP prescribed Flexicam which helped with the plantar fasciatus as well, would you recommend that? See I don' t see myself getting cortisone injections to relieve the severe pain as I have a fear of needles, and the thought makes me cringe.
Any ideas?
Oh and not to mention I have bad callouses (years of waitressing) and my heels are very dry and hard, does beeswax from a healthshop work or can you recommend anything?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear d

Plantar fasciitis can be quite complicated to treat but the re is a lot you can do yourself to ease the pain. I suggest you look on this and other websites to find stretching exercises which will make a big difference. Treating the feet with ice will also ease the pain. It sounds like you have achilles tendonopathy as well. My suggestion is get some help with this. A odiatrist can make an insole for you to support your foot correctly.
I'm not sure of the beeswax, a good cream such as neutraplus that contains urea is your best bet.