Question
Posted by: Rosey | 2008-12-02

Planning to get pregnant

Please urgently assist me, I am currently on the pill and looking to fall pregnant next year to give birth at the end of November 2009. By when should I stop my pill...my last period started on Saturday 29th November. I need to know when is the best time to stop the pill, I dont want to give birth anytime sooner than Nov 2009. Pls help me.

thanks.

You cannot plan a pregnancy to the exact month. You may fall pregnant immediately after stopping the Pill or it may take a year. If you do not want to be have the baby before November , you should not stop the Pill till February.

6
Posted by: AKINS | 2008-12-02

hi ladies wish pill are u people talking about, pls explain to me. ttcing for 4yrs.

Reply to AKINS
Posted by: TNL | 2008-12-02

Jah neh... how do plan getting pregnant n when 2 give birth???? Rosey firstly u need 2 know when ur ovulation is, then u will sort of have a guideline. I planned 4 baby in august, left d pill then n trust me dear we are still baby dancing.....n waiting. lyk sum of d ladies have said it depends on individual cases. Stop stressing abt giving birth in november, if u want 2 fall pregnant leave d pill now n see what will happen

Reply to TNL
Posted by: Azzy | 2008-12-02

Falling pregnant is not something that you can plan to the day or when it should happen. It is a gift from God which he will give you when you are ready. I have been on the pill for over 7 years and fell pregnant 2 months after leaving the pill but that is my case, as TTC said, she has been trying to fall pregnant for 3 years. It just depends on how fertile you are as well as your husbands sperm.

Unfortunatley, you just have to leave the pill and when it happens you will know, there is no way of putting a specific time period on something this special.

Good Luck!

Reply to Azzy
Posted by: TTC | 2008-12-02

OMG, What kind of advise is your family giving you Annon????? I' ve been trying for my first one for 3 years now!!!!

Reply to TTC
Posted by: annon | 2008-12-02

I am no expert, but from what I heard from friends and family is that if it is your first pregnancy you will fall almost immediately pregnant when you stop taking the pill. If it is your second pregnancy, it takes much longer to get pregnant.

Reply to annon
Posted by: Letitia | 2008-12-02

You are desperate and crazy! Why November? Get a life man

Reply to Letitia