Posted by: Nick | 2009-04-15

Planning to fall pregnant soon

I had a miscarriage with first child in 2007. Had never been on contraceptives before. Have been on Nuristerate since June 2007 and went off it in December 2008. We are hoping to have a child with my husband. I have not seen my Gynae since then. Is there something I need to do to assess my chances of falling pregnant or anything to do in preparation for pregnancy? Haven' t seen my periods since then. I am 28 years old.
Also, in few minutes after sex I go to the loo to pee as I was informed that one needs to go to the loo to pee to decrease chances of cancer. Would this have an impact on chances of falling pregnant? How long does it take for a sperm to reach the egg? Does the discarding of the semen decrease the chance of falling pregnant?

If you are not having periods, you will probably not fall pregnant yet. The only thing you need do is take folic acid and avoid alcohol and smoking.
It is best not to get up immediately after sex. Emptying your bladder helps prevent bladder infections if you are prone to them, but has nothing to do with cancer.

Posted by: Tasja | 2009-04-15

Goodness ,where did you hear that??Anyway if you had no period you should go to your Gynae for some tests! Maybe you dont ovulate?

Reply to Tasja