Question
Posted by: pilot' s girl | 2008/10/24

Plane crashes

It' s all I keep hearing. 4 plane crashes in 2 weeks and another one last night in the quiet little town I live in. It' s created this fear in me and my boyfriend is learning to fly now I get so scared. There is always the " what if" . He' s told me hearing this has made him more aware and to be more careful. I think it' s such a tragic way to die like that. I feel for the people that have lost their loved ones in this way. So sad...

There's no doubt that flying in small planes is far more dangerous than in larger planes run by an airline, but the risk is presumably still small, and probably less than the risk of driving on our highways. So long as he's careful, the risk will not be especially high. I don't know if it's an especially tragic way to die --- is there a way to die that isn't tragic ? Is there a way to lose loved ones that isn't awful ?

2
Posted by: Kayla | 2008/10/26

Helen Keller once said " Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature.... Life is either a daring adventure or nothing" 
Don' t fear what you can' t change, sitting there worrying isn' t going to change anything. Living your life free is better than living it through worry. Make sure that everyone knows you love them, thats the best you can do.

Reply to Kayla
Posted by: Why??? | 2008/10/24

Its just that the newspapers make such a big thing about air crashes. If it your time to die there is nothing you can do about it, whether you are in bed and the roof falls on your head or falling whilst climbing a mountain! As far as dying, I would rather have a quick death than linger on for a long time with cancer etc. So what I am saying is, go out and enjoy your life because life is very short indeed!

Reply to Why???