Posted by: Lolo | 2012-11-27

Placenta Previa

I''m 35 yrs had a miscarriage in 2009 at 6 months. In 2010fell pregnant again but it a complicated prenancy. I had placenta previa condition which i had from 28 weeks until i gave birth by C-Section at 35 weeks to a healthy boy who weighed 2.5kg at birth but immedaitely after birth I was admitted tio ICU because I lost alot of blood during birth. I want to have another baby but i''m afraid I might have the same condition again. I recently had a vaginal discharge which is yellowish in colour and irritating Please advise.

Placenta praevia has a low recurrence rate so there is a good chance that it will not happen agaian. You should see your doctor about the discharge. It may need treatment.

Posted by: Nini | 2012-11-28

There is no guarantee that you will have Placente Previa in your next pregnancy. Each pregnancy is unique. I had Placenta Previa with my first, and I am now 36 weeks pregnanct and all is 100%. No placenta previa in sight.

My logic would tell me that perhaps your chances are slightly higher for getting it again seeing as you''ve had it before - but you will never know until you are actually pregnanct.

Reply to Nini