Question
Posted by: kg | 2008/09/25

placenta praevia at 11 weeks

i was diagonised with placenta praevia at 11 weeks and my gynae inserted the shirodkar stitch. i am now 15 weeks pregnant and every now and then i bleed, is this normal? every time i bleed i go to my gynae and he checks the baby' s heartbeat and last week friday i went because i was bleedinga again and the heartbeat was 169? I am very worried, will i carry to term?

I can't tell whether or not you will carry to term. The bleeding is obviously not a good sign, but all you can do is have the montioring and take it from week to week. The heart rate is fine.