Question
Posted by: sceptic | 2009/11/11

PLACECOL

Please could you give me your opinion on the Placecol Platinum RF products, I have had 2 of 4 treatments already, bought the suggested products - 6 of them- at a very high price, and am not happy, my skin is drier than normal, i use the uplifting cream (eyes and mouth) anti ageing serum, and the day and night cream, also the cleanser and toner, treatments needed are 4, one each week, had first treatment ,then 5 days later the 2nd treatment,got 2 more to go for. treatment is called " non surgical facelift"  I am in my 50,s, and one very confused client, after paying R3000 including the products

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Sceptic, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response but I have just returned from my London practice.

This is a difficult question to answer as there are no medical studies that demonstrate the effectiveness of Placecol’s RF treatment. The use of RF (radiofrequency) is used by a number of different companies in their technology based machines for skin tightening.

In the majority of the results an improvement in skin tone and texture is observed with mild tightening and lifting of the area/s treated. Furthermore, not all technology is the same and results will depend on the type of machine used and the person operating the machine. Best results are seen after 2 to 3 months following the last treatment.

My advice would be to go back to the therapist and highlight your concerns and hopefully if photographs have been taken a comparison can be done.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2009/11/16

Reply to anti-ageing expert