Posted by: Lesley Milne | 2011-09-13

Hi, I have been diagnosed with polycystic kidneys. I am only seeing a GP who is very dismissive about it. I have been getting a lot of pain in my back which is steadily getting worse. I live on the Bliff in Durban, is there a doctor you could recommend that I can go see that knows about PKD and can help me?

I suggest that you contact your nearest private hospital for the details of a nephrologist (kidney specialist). Unfortunately, I am situated in Cape Town and am not familiar with the specialists in your area.

Posted by: x | 2011-09-13

Have you tried Dr Jansen (now at Hillcrest Private Hospital)...upper highway, Durban area ? He is a urologist and extremely good. He will check you thoroughlly.

Reply to x
Posted by: Lesley Milne | 2011-09-13

I meant Bluff not Bliff :)

Reply to Lesley Milne