Question
Posted by: Smiley | 2010-10-28

Pitfalls of dating a much younger man

Hi CS

I have been divorced for 3 years, I was in a relationship afterwards wherein I let the man treat me really badly and I eventually found the courage to end it and walk away.

I have now met the most charming young man. He says the right things, makes me feel really good about myself and he treats me like a princess. We have only known each other for about a month.

I am 38 and he is 29.

As far as I am concerned it is not your typical cougar / sugar mommy scenario, he is totally self sufficient and successful in his own right. We just get along really well, and.... well, he makes me feel fantastic!

Given the age difference, is this a really stupid thing to persue?

Cougars are for zoos or Hollywood fantasy programming. Relationahips form and flourish or fail, between people of all sorts of ages. And the success or failure depends on the same range of factors as with any relationship - the personality, experiences, expectations and styles of the two individuals. He's old enough to be mature enough to be capable of knowing what he's doing.
Take your time ( there's no hurry ) and enjoy yourselves, and see where things go

6

Posted by: TLB | 2010-10-28

Hi, I am 40 and he is 28. I adore him and he me. I have been divorced for 3 years and I met him 5 months after the divorce, so we have been together for 2.5 years. I wasnt interested as I felt I needed more time alone. But, we went for dinner and we are still having dinner - at our home!

I am not saying that it is only a bed of roses - GOSH, his mother is only 13 years older than me. In fact - I could be dating his dad!!! But, this is what we want right now.

This might help :
Throw your heart over the fence and the rest will follow!

If you want to chat, we can somehow do so...

Reply to TLB
Posted by: XXX | 2010-10-28

Whilst it is not the norm there should be no reason to pursue the relationship.

Reply to XXX
Posted by: anon | 2010-10-28

age is nothing but a number its what you feel for each other

Reply to anon
Posted by: Amber | 2010-10-28

I agree with Happiness, as long as you feel fantastic when you''re with him, why not? go for it and enjoy every moment.

Reply to Amber
Posted by: Happiness | 2010-10-28

There is no manual for relationships but the goal is one, happiness. If you find that, then by all means hold on to it!

Life is too short to be following procedures...

Reply to Happiness