Question
Posted by: Levenpoint | 2010/02/15

Piriformis

Hi there.

I have read a lot of literature on piriformis syndrome and am convinced that I suffer from it. Over the last month and a half, having tried all other forms of conservative treatment, I have had three cortisone injections around/into the piriformis muscle and one botox injection (5 days ago).

I have had mixed results with the injections, although I was virtually pain free for at least a day after each injection. After the first injection my lower backpain disappeared completely.

I am now considering piriformis surgery (perhaps re-section surgery, rather than complete detachment). Please could you tell me who the leading surgeon is in South Africa for this procedure.

I am grateful for your time and trouble.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

Dr Mark Feguson, Gauteng would be a good man to consult

Regards,

Dr Joe de Beer

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/02/18

Regards,

Dr Joe de Beer

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum