Question
Posted by: Liesel | 2012/05/24

Pip in ear piercing

I have had my ears pierced for about 3 years now and never had any problems.
All of a sudden, I have developed a kind of pip in my ear lobe - and it seems to be closing the hole.
Do I keep earring in so that the hole wont close? or do I keep earrings out so that the pip can come out? If I try squeezing it out it is very painful. Please help.

Liesel

The pip that you are referring to, is most likely due to fibrosis and you will not be able to squeeze it out. You can continue wearing the earring to prevent the hole from closing up but I do suggest that you consult a doctor for an examination.