Posted by: Lee | 2011-06-17

pins and needles in hand

When I was in my 20''s I had a collapsed disc. It affected my left arm/hand - I had to have traction and physio for a couple of weeks. Since then (I am now in my 40" s) I have not really had any trouble except for the odd stiff neck when I carry a heavy parcel or do something very strenous.
Two weeks ago I slipped in a puddle of water and had a fall. I was a bit stiff for a few days but it passed. Now this passed week I am having terrible pain in my left arm/wrist right down to my fingers. during the day it is fine but it wakes me during the night - my wrist is extremely sore and my fingers are totally numb with pins and needles. it takes an hour or two to come right. What do you suggest?

It is possible that you are experiencing a radiculopathy due to compression of the nerves that exit at the cervical vertebrae. I suggest that you consult a neurologist for an examination and a possible MRI scan of the cervical vertebrae to establish compression of nerves.

Posted by: Lala | 2011-06-17

You may have a pinched nerve due to the slipped disc. See your Orthopaedic Surgeon . They will send you for an MRI of your neck.

Reply to Lala