Question
Posted by: Hennie | 2012/10/23

Pins &  needles in hands

I am 66 and healthy.I have been road cycling for a couple of years. 9 Argus cycle tours,a few 94.7 races etc. Recently I have been experiencing pins &  needles in my hands/fingers. So bad that I sometimes have no feeling and can not change gears. It starts after about45min to an hour into training. What is the possible cuase

Expert ImageNatural health

hi Hennie

has your bike set up changed at all ? or have you moved from a MTB bike to a road bike ?
if not then you might be having a pinched nerve in the neck which is causing your symptoms. A x-ray might reveal some indication of this. The pins and needles tend to be from compression of the nerves in the neck.

Kind regards
Dr Debbie
www.drdebbie.co.za