Posted by: SB | 2012-04-25

Pink patches on cat''s nose

Good day

I have a black cat who has a black nose and mouth. I have recently noticed that the edges of his nostrils are a pinky brown colour as though pigmentation is decreased in this area. I have not noticed any other symptoms. I just wanted to know if there is cause for concern or if this could be part of ageing. He is 9 years old.

The are many cause to depigmentation. I would advise that you observe the lesion in question and if erosion/crusting develops then I advise you visit your vet and have a biopsy done to identify what the underlying cause is.

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

Posted by: SB | 2012-05-25

Vet said it was an auto immune disease and gave strong antibiotics. His nose has returned to its normal black colour.

Reply to SB