Question
Posted by: David | 2008/06/02

Pink eye

My partner has a really bad dose of Pink eye, what would be the best eye ointment to use and how long does it usually last for?

Thanks David

Dear David
Pink eyes are caused by a virus, so antibiotic treatment won't really make a difference. It can continue for up to a week. If the eye gets a secondary bacterial infection, causing yellow discharge and eye lids "sticking" together, you may need to get Chloromycetin eye ointment to use for about 5 days.

1
Posted by: Celso | 2009/04/23

My left eye is starting to go red. As if smoke has gone into it. It is now starting to become itchy and when I wake up in the morning, there is more sleep in my eye than usual. Can this be Pink Eye?

Reply to Celso