Posted by: Ntando | 2013-01-21

Pinful broken heart

Met a guy during December holidays and we hit it off immediately. We met now and then depending how busy we are. the last time we met was last week Monday and we spent the whole day together speaking about lots of things including death. Finally we admitted to each other that we actually love each other. We were both crying but I was not sure why was it so painful to love a person. Communicated during the week until Friday. On Saturday he went home and I didn''t call because I thought he was busy since he went for a funeral. I sent him an sms later but he didn''t respond and still thought he was busy or maybe driving. I woke up yesterday with a strange feeling that something was wrong since there was still no response on my sms or any sms to tell me whether he''s back in town or not. I tried to call him but his phone was off. on my third attempt I just felt that he was no more, it was like something told me that he''s gone. Few minutes after that I got an sms from someone who knew him and knew that I knew him (not romantically though) telling me that hes gone. He had an accident on his way back and he died.
My heart is so painful,I can''t stop crying since yesterday and to make matters worse no one knew about us because its only one month. I can''t even eat something because my stomach is not well since I heard the news. Now people are just talking about him left right and centre and I can''t tell them to stop and tell them how I feel now.
Why do we meet good people then they leave us just like that!

So sorry to hear of your loss, Ntando. A wise friend of mine who studied grief and loss and bereavement once wrote that Grief is the price we pay for love - once we allow ourselves to really love someone, then losing them, in whatever way, at whatever time, will hurt. But the love itself, however brief, is usually worth paying for even with the later sadness.
But he didn't leave you. Remember that. Something very sad happened by accident. In a way, he is still alive within your memories. Grief is hard work, but it gradually eases, over 6 months or more, until you can with more happiness remember the good things about him, rather than thinking only with bitterness about the loss.

Posted by: S Curl | 2013-01-21

I am so sorry to hear about your loss girl. Talk about it to them you might find comfort but not from them but by just talking. Do not keep it inside it is going to kill you. I am sorry, May God be with you

Reply to S Curl
Posted by: T | 2013-01-21

EISH DOLL, some things we should never ask why, we should just accept, only God knows.

Please be comforted, the Great comforter is near,

Reply to T