Question
Posted by: JAY | 2009-12-02

Pinched nerve 27/10/2009

Regarding my previous posting I have been given the go ahead to start running after a 6 week break and have progressed to 10 kms a day on alternate days.The pain has gone but the numbness on my right thigh is still there and intermittent pins and needles.Is this normal for now will it go away.Any suggestions as I now need to start training for comrades.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Comrades is a tough call!! If numbness is still present it may indicate some sensitivity on the neural root and jogging or running could irritate this even further. Although you may not want to hear this - running may not be in your best interest! Swimming is an excellent alternate activity.

1
Posted by: Jay | 2009-12-07

Thanks but what is the best way forward as I have already done 14 comrades.What can be done to fix the problem or to check for sure what is exactly wrong.I have no problem while running or after the run.It is just the numbness.The tingling is intermittent and if I continue running will it get worse and what is the long term damage.

Reply to Jay