Posted by: Jay | 2009-10-27

Pinched nerve

I have been diagnosed with a pinched nerve in my back and have been to the physio 4 times and now the chiro 4 times.My next visit to him will be on 30/10/2009.I am also doing the stretching he has shown me and have not run for 3 weeks.How long does this take to fix.Do I need to have a MRI scan?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

An MRI would only be indicated if there is no improvement within 4 to 6 treatments. A referral to a Neuro Surgeon or Neurologist would probably be indicated for such an examination. If you are experiencing some improvement - persist with your current course of care.

Posted by: ChiroDoc | 2009-12-07

Your chiropractor will advise once it is safe to continue running. A word of caution though - running or jogging can irritate the injured region even at a later stage. Perhaps it would be wiser to take up walking or an alternaive exercise such as swimming.

Reply to ChiroDoc
Posted by: Jay | 2009-10-28

Thank you.there has been improvement and I will carry on with the stretching.When can I start running again?

Reply to Jay