Question
Posted by: Geraldine | 2010/03/08

Pin pricks

For the past few days I have been experiencing this sensation in one or two fingers and specifically on the skin of my left ribcage. It is as if I am being pricked with a pin. And it is very painful. There is no visible mark on my skin but I can feel the effect of it for sometime after it has occurred. What can be the cause of this?

Hallo Geraldine
It could be a sign of impending herpes zoster - please go immediately to your doctor if you notice any rash or blisters forming. Alternatively it could be a nerve pinching in your neck, so if it does not improve within a few days, you may need to see your doctor for an examination or x/rays of the neck.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/08

Hallo Geraldine

Reply to cyberdoc