Posted by: Bubu | 2009-06-04

pimpme on mu vigina

Hi Doc?

i get a pimple every month on my vigina before my period, but this moth the pimple is huge hard and painful. what could be the cause?

thank u.

Dear Bubu
It is probably and infection in one of the skin glands, and it may need to be drained if it is really big. If you can't do it with a sterile needle, rather see your doctor. Try Bactroban ointment on these if they start developing.

Posted by: Pablo | 2009-06-05

It is probably a reocuuring pimple because it has never properly drained - not serious but annoying.
If you squeeze it, you break the cupsule that your imune system builds around it (under the skin surface) and the infection spreads to surroundding tissue under the skin. This results in a bigger, more inflamed, more painfull pimple.
Best is to let it run its course, and when it ruptures, to put on a hot compress and GENTLY squeeze it to help discharge ALL the pus &  bacteria. Let it bleed a lot to help wash out the germs. Only then should you apply Bactroban. (If you apply it sooner, it will take longer to discharge fully, if ever).
Been There, Done That. Good Luck.

Reply to Pablo