Question
Posted by: Nods | 2009-02-09

Pimples or warts?

Hi, I' m not 100% sure what warts are? But I have a little ' pimple'  on the inside of my vagina lips. It hurts if I do touch it and it burns sometimes aswell. I' m using bactroban on it at the moment, is this okay, or should I use something different?

Please advise it' s very uncomfortable.

You should see a doctor to diagnose what it is.

3
Posted by: laser tuesday | 2009-02-09

Human papilloma virus - found in most sexually active adults and sometimes responsible for genital warts and cervical cancer. I' d suggest you google HPV but rather get to your doc first before reading people' s stories on the web which may get you worried about nothing. Ask you Dr lots of questions - it' s his/her job  )

Reply to laser tuesday
Posted by: Nods | 2009-02-09

Sorry to sound stupid! What is HPV Infection?

Reply to Nods
Posted by: laser tuesday | 2009-02-09

Go get it checked out and properly diagnosed at a gynae. I had similar and was diagnosed with hpv infection and am having laser treatment for precancerous cervical cells tomorrow.

Not intending to scare, but get it checked out. If it' s a problem, the earlier you catch and treat it the better.

Best wishes :)

Reply to laser tuesday