Posted by: Liz | 2009-07-06

Pimples on upper arms and shoulders

I' m 33 and suddenly battling with a lot of pimples - I' m getting these small pimples (they are not very obvious, but I can feel them when I run my hand over my skin - small white spots) on my upper arms and shoulders and pimples just under jy jaw line - these are red and takes quite a while to get better even if I apply acne cream. I' ve never had a clear skin because I have a bit of an oily skin, but nothing like this. Could it be a deficiency of some sort. Of course now I' m scrubbing my face and my upper arms and shoulders to try and get rid of them. Please give me your views.

Dear Liz
It may due to hormonal factors. Try Benzac cream on the areas.
dr Bets

Posted by: Been there | 2009-07-06

Hi there, I have the same problem on my upper arms and was told it was because my skin was dry. There was a definite improvement when I started using cream daily. It' s a bit different to the pimples one usually gets on one' s face.

Don' t scrub too hard as the scrubbing actually irritates the skin and can cause more breakouts.

Reply to Been there