Question
Posted by: S | 2008/08/19

Pimples before period

Was just wondering if there was a natural remedy I could use to prevent breakouts which I get a few days before my period. My skin is usually clear throughout the month and this happens every month without fail.

Tx

Expert ImageArchive

Hello S,
Acne is part of the signs that may go with premenstrual syndrome.

Studies have shown that wmen who regularly consume caffiene are four time more likely than others to have severe PMS.

Avoid all SOYA in your diet as this will have a negative effect on your hormones, damage your thyroid and interfere with all digestion and therefore quality of nutrition.

Do not consume alcohol or sugar in any form, especially during the week before symptoms are expected. These foods cause valuble electrolytes, particularly magnesium to be lost through the urine.

Include in your diet foods that are high in complex carbohydrates and rich in fiber. These can help the body to get rid of excess estrogen if high estrogen levels are your problem.

Wild yam extract contains natural progesterone and has proved effective in alleviating many symptoms of PMS.

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath