Question
Posted by: Phummy | 2010-03-15

Pimples at 31

Dear Doc.

I am 31 years old started having pimples, my GP suggest i try contraceptive pills because its my hormones. My understanding is that they increase chances of blood clots, I would like to know, which is the safest to use.

Hallo Phummy
If you don't have a history of abnormal clotting in the family, you have normal blood pressure, weight and cholesterol levels and you don't smoke, the risk of getting blood clots are very low. These days we use something like Diane for acne. If he prescribes this, just read the package insert carefully so that you know what symptoms to look out for.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-03-15

Hallo Phummy

Reply to cyberdoc