Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2011/01/17

Pimples

I am 33 years old &  still get pimples (not only when I menstruate). Some of them are really deep under the surface of my skin. When I go to my doctor is there any tests I can ask him to do that can help finding out what is going on?

Hallo Lisa
You may have underlying hormonal fluctuations causing this and they may need to draw blood to check (e.g. high androgen levels) If the acne causes scars and painful pimples, maybe you should also see a dermatologist. Taking an anti-androgen type contraceptive like Diane may help, as well as local treatment with oral or topical antibiotics, and Oxy10 on the acute breakouts.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/01/17

Hallo Lisa
dr Bets