Question
Posted by: gloria | 2009-09-10

pimples

hi doc,

am a 30year old lady,i' ve always had a smooth face but lately i' ve been experiencing out breaks of pimples both big and small,i' ve used cleansers,exfoliators and all that but to no avail.could it be because of my age? please recommend a potent solution i really need a smooth face.

thanks

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Gloria, thank you for the question.

Your best option is to consult a dermatologist who can examine the skin and advise you on the best treatment option.

Alternatively please log on to my web page: www.dralek.co.za and under the Resources Tab click the Skin & Acne Classification. This will allow you to Grade Your Acne visually (using a photographic scale) and once you have graded the acne one can check the different treatment options.

Mild to moderate acne may be controlled with an at home ‘prescription’ consisting of:
Never rub the face aggressively or uses granular scrubs/exfoliants or pick or squeeze the acne
Use only oil free topical products including makeup
Gently was the face twice daily using NeoStrata Glycolic Facial Wash or Clarifying Cleanser
Consider a topical regime such as:
NeoStrata Oil Free Lotion, Clear Skin Solution, Oil Control Gel, and when necessary Spot Treatment Gel