Posted by: Max | 2009-02-26

Hello CyberDoc. I' ve been getting a lot of pimples on my back and bum. This has been going on for quite a while and they just seem to keep coming. I never really had an acne problem in my teens and it is only happening on my back and bum. I' m 29. Do you have any idea what may cause this and is there something I can take to get rid of all the pimples...? I don' t really want to do Roaccutane. Something like an antibiotic maybe.....? Thanks for your help.

Dear Max
Use a good antiseptic wash and try Benzoylperoxide on the area, if this does not help you can try topical antibiotic like Eryderm, then low dose oral antibiotic x 3 months before even thinking of taking something like Roaccutane.